I was thrilled to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by fashion blogger Laura Lily. I had the opportunity to hang out with Laura at IFBCON this past summer and had so much fun. Thanks again Laura for the nomination!
The award is for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. In order to accept the nomination I have to provide 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions that Laura posed to me, and nominate some other bloggers.
So here we go with 11 random facts about me:
- I work by day as an Application Developer Manager. Yes, I’m a bit of a tech geek.
- I purchased a luxurious faux fur bean bag on clearance at Restoration Hardware last year. Many times I’ll curl up on it after work and spend time on my blog or lose myself in Pinterest.
- I love dark chocolate, 85% or more.
- I’m also a foodie and have written some reviews on Yelp.
- I believe in the power of shoes. The right pair of shoes can make or break an outfit.
- When I was 12, I belonged to 4-H and had to sew an entire outfit and model it on a runway at our county fair. That was my only stint at designing.
- I generally have my cat, Tzeitel, either next to me or on my lap when I’m writing my blog posts. She was named after a character in Fiddler on the Roof.
- My current musical obsession right now is Florence & the Machine.
- I love connecting with other people. It’s one of the reasons I’m a blogger.
- I’m a Starbucks addict.
- I love learning and experimenting with new things. I try to incorporate something new each week into my blog – a different writing style, picture layout, or new ways of engaging with social media. Some things are going to work and some things not so much. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
Ok, so next up is the 11 questions that Laura had for me.
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger ? I’d have to say the sense of community. I love being able to engage with other people with similar interests.
- What is your ultimate goal as a blogger ? To be honest, I’m still figuring that out long term. For now I have three areas of focus – sharing fashion/shopping technology, show casing the local Milwaukee fashion scene (we’re not all focused on cheese and packer gear), and having fun with style.
- If you could collaborate with one brand, which would it be? Wow, that’s a really tough one to answer. I think it would be fun to work with BCBG as they have a great selection of shoes, bags, outfits, and accessories.
- Favorite designer? Alexander McQueen. I love the sense of fantasy and other worldliness.
- The most awesome thing in your closet is… my electric blue Aldo shoes.
- Favorite blogger? I really like Stella from jadore-fashion.com. Great sense of style and mix of pictures and video content. She’s also got a decent sized following, but still engages with other bloggers.
- Favorite season and why? Summer!! There are so many cute little summer dresses and sandals and not enough time to wear them all. I also love the heat.
- Favorite place to shop? I fell in love with SOHO this summer. There were so many boutiques and choices! I wanted every single bag at Kenneth Cole and didn’t want to leave the Prada store. A little closer to home, much of my money tends to go towards Lela Boutique or Boston Store.
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why? I’d have to say Gwen Stefani. I’ve always loved her music and the Lamb fashion line. She’s managing family, business, looks great, and is over 40.
- When you grew up, you wanted to be… a model. In grade school I was obsessed with fashion magazines and thought it would be so glamorous. My wants have changed since then, but I get to get to satisfy a piece of that childhood desire on my blog.
- What are your plans for next year? (traveling, blogging, etc.) I had a great time at IFBCON last year so would like to attend that or a similar fashion bloggers conference next year. We also go down to Miami every August for Miami Spice. My blogging goal for next year is to try out a video.
Well, now that you know all about me, it’s time to nominate some other bloggers. I love this part as I get to help some other great bloggers get some exposure. Ladies please answer the same questions posed to me above.
So here are my nominations (no particular order):